Came up with a new top 10 idea while at Cori’s place – past Saturday night. Also came up with a great salad recipe today. Take left over pizza crouton size it and fry in some olive oil – add to what ever type salad. I used mixed greens – pizza croutons & blue cheese dressing. Have to be creative to get tacoboy to eat his veggies ha ha.
tacogirl Top Ten 10 random things to do on Ambergris Caye
1. Sunrise. Seen it everywhere from bed to boat to breakfast. Boat was by far the coolest – toss up between breakfast & bed for second.
2. Boat ride to San Juan Visitor center. You can see how lovely it is on hanging out with whale sharks post.
3. Rent a cart and go north or south – you can read about Random bits of Randomness blog – Our last day and A trip down south and get the visual on my road less traveled and early morning fishing.
Numbers four & five go hand in hand – both fun options. Some docks put concrete underneath to start artificial reefs.
4. Dock snorkeling
5. picnic lunch
6. Is a two for one – Hol Chan Marine Museum near the texaco station in town and while you are in the area stop by Domingos popular tortilla on back street and watch the corn tortillas being made. Lara and Mitch vote the flour ones from Domingo’s as best tortillas in town.
7. Two drive by bird watching sites Chicken street near the airport & beside Marina’s
8. Buy someone ice-cream even if you don’t know them – DandE’s on middle street is super tasty and has some great flavors like coconut, sour sop, java joe, peanut butter and they do sorbet.
9. Sunset – on a catamaran cruise my preferred choice – you can see why from Sunday Sunset post of our Feb 2009 trip. [heading from up north to down south on water taxi is another boat option] Even if you do not make it on a boat there are many other good places including a few rooftops to enjoy the sunset from.
10. Tacos or any fast food in the park at night
Some random pictures from yesterday and today – who knows what tomorrow holds check back and see.