What’s happening on Ambergris Caye?
The tacogirl List
Compatible Google Maps List
Use this Ambergris Caye google maps list for directions to participating businesses. To get your tacogirl discount, show this website page and the location you are claiming your discount at from the following list:
Current August Weather for San Pedro and Ambergris Caye Belize
It’s hotter than two goats in a Marie Sharp’s pepper patch.
Just in case
If for some reason the staff is unsure about the tacogirl discount, mention the manager/owners, if needed, as I worked with all of them to create these great deals for you to enjoy.
*All tacogirl discounts are stand alone options unless, the business decides otherwise.
tacogirl Coming Soon – Cococabana Restaurant & Bar
Happy Island Beach Bar and Grill
Playa de Sala Adults Only Boutique Hotel
- Use code Belize, get 10% off, direct bookings on Playa de Sala website only.
- It’s a beautiful morning to take our kayaks out on the bay.
- After kayaking you can stop for lunch at We Jammin’ Boat Bar or how about dinner and sunset at Sala’s Kitchen Restaurant and Roof Top Bar? Find us on Facebook to see more – Playa De Sala Adults-Only Boutique Hotel and on Instagram @playa_de_sala.
Margie and Kenny’s Hangout Restaurant and Karaoke Bar
- Get a 10% tacogirl discount on your food or free rum punch with your meal order.
- We offer tasty home cooked $10 – $12 lunch specials every day except Tuesday, our day of rest.
- The Hangout has a few specials of their own to promote. Every Karaoke night groups of 3 singers or more get a batch of kamikaze shots. Happy hour all day on local rum drinks and beers for only $4bze. And if that’s not enough, how about a side of singing with your meal? The Hangout offers karaoke on demand – all you have to do is show up and ask to sing.
- Let Kenny’s Sunday barbecue (below) speak to you – don’t forget to tell him tacogirl sent you.
- You catch~ we cook. $20 per person and we provide a side and a fish platter which includes blackened, grilled, or curry to name a few options. We can also set up a Family style option with extra sides depending on how large your crew is.
- Our restaurant is also a great place for any group celebrations, weddings, birthdays, and anniversary parties. We do not charge for the space and we offer an easily customizable ‘build a party’ package.
- Watch our facebook – Margie and Kenny’s Hangout, to see our food and karaoke fun.
Sala’s Kitchen Restaurant and Bar
- Free appetizer upon dinner purchase at Sala’s Kitchen and Rooftop Bar. Rooftop bar opens 2pm-10pm.
- The picture below shows kitchen side seating and there’s always the rooftop option too, if you want a bird’s eye view to enjoy the sunset with amazing drinks!
- We’ll be having delicious lobster dishes available in our menu throughout the 2023 lobster season.
- Thank you for making us part of your Belizean Vacation and find us on Facebook to see more – Sala’s Kitchen at Playa de Sala.
Sunshine Bar & Grill
We Jammin’ Boat Bar (Bar food available and full menu from Sala’s Kitchen)
- Complimentary mimosa upon breakfast purchase at We Jammin’ Boat Bar. Open Daily from 7:00am to 10:00pm with happy hour from 1-3pm.
- We Jammin’ Boat bar is in full swing. Take the drive south of town to enjoy a cold, refreshing drink and delicious food at our Boat Bar!
- Don’t forget you can use the pool, enjoy the private beach and of course we’re an adult-only and pet friendly property.
- We chose the pic below to leave the Boat Bar, in the distance, a surprise. We also wanted to highlight the pool and all the great seating options available when you go visit the Boat Bar.
Storm Restaurant Bar & Grill
At Storm Restaurant we offer a picturesque daytime and lagoon side sunset view of San Pedro. We are easy to find, located on the lagoon next to Saca Chispas Field.
Come and enjoy our outdoor tiki bar in action, with fresh fruit smoothies and your choice to add rum. Open from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Looking for something different to do? You can feed the tarpon from our dock and we provide sardines for $5 a bag.
Enjoy a beautiful sunset and our Happy Hour 4pm – 8 pm – Landshark or Belikin Beer buckets, local rum discount and a drink special.
- Hangover Mondays with DJ and Karaoke. Free Kamikaze shot for singers and dancers. Beer bucket specials $25 Belikin and $30 Landshark beer and $10 shots.
- Taco Tuesday with choices of: shrimp, pulled pork, chicken and fish.
- Fridays Latina night and dancing with DJ Flex starts at 8:00 pm.
Our tacogirl discount is 10% of the bill.
Watch our facebook page Storm Restaurant Bar and Grill for upcoming events.
The Black Pearl Restaurant and Bar
- Enjoy a free local rum drink, beer, soda or water with your purchase of a meal at our establishment.
- We also have lots of great weekly events including live music: Monday: singer – Dennis Wolfe, Tuesday: band – Ambergris Vibes, Wednesday: singer – Benito Bol,
- Thursday entertainment: Got a talent? Come show us at Black Pearl Restaurant for our “San Pedro Got Talent” on Thursday night from 7pm-10pm. All talents are welcome and if yours is really amazing you could win a prize!
- Stop by for a departure or arrival drink – conveniently located on our dock is Caribbean Sprinter water taxi.
- We are also a great venue for weddings and large groups such as parties, birthdays, anniversaries and meetings. Whether you’re a big group, a group of friends, or just yourself, we guarantee you will enjoy our restaurant’s lively and welcoming atmosphere.
- See more on our Social Media – The Black Pearl Restaurant at Fido’s Courtyard on Facebook and @theblackpearlrestaurantbz on Instagram.
El Patio Restaurant and Bar
*Closed for September – resuming again in October.
- Enjoy the taste of an authentic Belizean appetizer, get a free salbute with your meal. One per person. Their delicious appetizer is made with love from: corn masa, stewed boneless chicken breast, cabbage/cilantro slaw, tomato, onions and jalapeños.
- Great deals on our lunchtime favorite specials. Take-out only lunch menu is available from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
- Celebrate your special event at El Patio. Our large covered open air restaurant is perfect for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, or large group dinners.
- Good food isn’t just about the taste, it’s a combination of where and with whom you eat it.
- See more of our delicious food on our facebook page – El Patio Restaurant & Lounge.
tacogirl Discount Coming Soon – Caribbean Spice
Established in 1999, our popular specialty store is a cooking enthusiasts dream – with all natural spices, seasonings, condiments and so much more.
We also sell and ship a wide variety of Belizean products including a beauty line that is made fresh in the Belizean Jungle.
Fishing or Snorkeling with Nestor Cerpa
A fun fishing tour discount with local fisherman Nestor Cerpa. What makes this a great option is that I work with you to customize your 1/2 day or full day adventure.
Ambergris Caye Fishing Tours
More Snorkeling and Fishing Options.
- You could also opt for the North point channel, where you’ll have a 50/50 chance to snorkel with a manatee in that area.
- One of my more unique tours, Bacalar Chico area is always a fun filled full day tour – fishing, snorkeling and beach cook out. It also includes a visit to the north area museum which hosts a great collection of Mayan artifacts.
- Another fun option is snorkeling at a barge that sunk many years ago.
- For half day snorkeling tours I offer 2 snorkel stops and a choice of either Hol Chan and Shark Ray alley or Mexico rocks and the Engagement Ring.
- You can also have me take you snorkeling and then do lunch on Caye Caulker (at your own expense.)
* If you opt for Hol Chan, there is an additional $10us park fee per person to enter the marine reserve.
Contact tacogirl with Nestor Cerpa in the subject line if you want the discount for a fishing or snorkeling tour.
Reef Adventures Belize
One Love Golf Cart Rentals
We help you get from point A – B and then onto C and D.
Our gas powered golf carts are fully equipped and feature aluminum bumpers, comfortable seating, locks, and tires that are good for island driving.
We offer 24/7 roadside assistance, as well as free delivery and pickup anywhere on Ambergris Caye. Also included in the price is liability insurance, tax, and a bridge pass. Add 4 % if you pay by credit card.
* Golf Cart delivery to further locations requires a minimum 3 day rental.
Email tacogirl with One Love in the subject line to save 10% on your cart rental.
Polo’s Golf Cart Rental
Rocks Golf Cart Rental
Our golf cart rentals allow you to take advantage of all our beautiful island has to offer. Get around Ambergris Caye in comfort and style.
We do a free delivery and pickup service of our golf carts to and from the San Pedro airport terminals, the water taxi, your resort or vacation rental home.
We offer both 4-Seater and 6-Seater Golf Carts as well as a 10% tacogirl Belize list discount.
Contact tacogirl with Rocks Golf Cart in the subject line to book your discounted cart.
If you would like to know how to get your Ambergris Caye based business on the list, please email tacogirl with list me in the subject line.
Useful Belize Vacation Information
Take the guesswork out of your travel planning with the following frequently asked Belize travel questions.
- What is the official language spoken in Belize?
One of the things that makes the country so popular is that English is the primary language of Belize. Spanish and Kriol are also widely spoken. Less common are Q’eqchi’ Maya and Mopan, both are Mayan languages which are mostly concentrated in the southern region of the country,
- What is the currency in Belize?
The Belizean Dollar (BZD), is the official currency of the country. The Belize dollar is pegged to the U.S. dollar at a rate of 2:1, which means that one U.S. dollar is equal to two Belizean dollars. Travelers can use both U.S. dollars and Belizean dollars at most businesses in Belize, although smaller establishments it is better to use lesser denominations. Your change may com in either currency and at bank machines, you will get Belize dollars.
Belizean coins in circulation are 0.1, 0.5, 0.10, 0.25. 0.50 cents and $1, Paper money in circulation are 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollars.
- What is the weather like in Belize?
The weather in Belize is largely influenced by two main seasons: rainy season from June to November and dry season. The average temperature in Belize is 84°F or 29°C. It varies depending on the region and the altitude of where you are. The coast and the lowlands are usually more humid, while the highlands and the mountains are drier and cooler.
- What is the food like in Belize?
There are many delicious foods you can try in Belize. Stewed chicken rice and beans is a must for tasting a countrywide favorite. Other must try foods include fry jacks (at breakfast), garnaches (snack), escabeche (soup), Ceviche (seafood), and tres leches cake.
- Is it safe to travel to Belize?
Although you may have read about Belize having a high crime rate or being placed on travel advisories by first world countries. Belize travel is generally safe although it is important to be a smart traveler. Do not bring out more than you need at night and leave your fancy jewelry at home. Driving in Belize can be sometimes be a safety issue due to poor road conditions in some areas, lack of signage, erratic drivers, big trucks, and wildlife crossings.
- What are the emergency numbers in Belize?
911: works as general emergency number for police, fire and ambulance services in Belize. You can dial this number from any phone in Belize to get immediate assistance. On Ambergris Caye you can also call RRR Emergency response +501-627-1117 and Island Emergency Services at +501-615-2998
- What vaccinations do I need for Belize?
Most people to not get vaccinated for travel. No matter where you are, its always good to be up to date on your tetanus shot. Belize recently was certified Malaria free Country from World Health Organization (WHO),
- What kind of clothing should I pack for Belize?
Belize is a tropical country with warm and humid weather, so you should pack light, breathable and comfortable clothing and comfortable walking shoes and sandals. Unless you are here fore a special celebration like wedding, chances are, you won’t need any formal wear, as Belize is very casual. However you may want to pack a nice dress dress for girls and a nicer short sleeve button-down short got guys. shirts. Sun protection is also important if you plan on doing a lot of time outside or by the water. Sun protection clothing is great and reef safe sunscreen also important.