If you have found tacogirl.com and landed on this page, Congratulations on planning a Belize Vacation! This page is geared to new readers with the purpose of giving you great simple information and discounts to help you make the most of your trip. It will be updated on an annual basis and sometimes more frequently when the need arises.
The best of Belize Vacations can be anywhere in this tiny country (about the size of New Hampshire) with a population of approximately 370,000.
There are several ways to come to Belize – By air, water, or land. Not quite “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” rather; Planes, Buses, and Boats.
The most popular way to get to Belize is to fly. There are several flights from the U.S. that fly directly to Philip Goldson International Airport, aka Belize City (BZE). Visit my Flights to Belize page to see the airlines to choose from. Also, receive a Code For a Cause flight coupon code for your Tropic Air flight to your specific destination.
You can also fly to Cancun and take another flight on Tropic Air to BZE.
Depending on where you live, you can bus down all the way through Mexico. It’s a long road but probably the cheapest way to get to Belize.
This route is more specifically for getting over to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye, the latter of which is the most popular destination in Belize. As of late 2017, due to runway updates, you cannot currently fly to Caye Caulker. The boat ride is comfortable and takes about an hour.
Best Belize Vacation Destinations (Alphabetically)
- An Island of about 40 kilometres (25 mi) long from north to south, and about 1.6 kilometres (1 mi) wide. If you are a water lover (above and below) then this is the Belize vacation destination for you. Check out the Reviews on Ambergris Caye
- The capital city of Belize and home to the University of Belize and the US Embassy. Belmopan is close to many of the land activities you can do, namely horseback riding out of Banana Bank Lodge. Click on the link for more information on Belmopan.
- The Corozal District is rich in Mayan Archaeology. Although not known for its nightlife, Corozal Town is a quaint village and also the “gateway” to Chetumal Mexico. It’s easy to go on a quick one-day shopping spree.
- The Placencia Peninsula is located in the Stann Creek District of southern Belize. The 18-mile long narrow stretch of land houses several communities, with Placencia Village at its southernmost tip. The Peninsula is only a mile at its widest point and is positioned between the Caribbean Sea to the east, and the Placencia Lagoon to the west.
- San Ignacio is the heart of the Cayo District and is an active traveler center. It is on the west bank of the Macal River, upstream from its convergence with the Mopan River where a meeting of waters gives birth to the Belize River.
Other Pages on This Site You Might Find Useful
It is always good to be prepared for any type of weather when you travel. Belize Weather page will help you with that.
Who doesn’t love to get happy on vacation? Click through to the San Pedro Beach Bars page to see a list of who is offering what right now. Most bars make some great virgin drinks too for those who do not drink alcohol or are taking a break.
There are so many great places to eat on Ambergris Caye. For a wide range of delicious dining options choose the Belize Food page.
Want to do a fantastic and life changing Volunteer Vacation with your friends, family or co-workers? This is the page for you… Voluntourism
For some great discounts on accommodations and activities, visit my Belize Vacations Deals page. For food and shopping; see my Coupon Code page
If you want to know more about how I ended up moving here just click to find out: Move to Belize