Places to Stay Country Wide
Belize although compact in size, has many diverse places to visit and stay because it is made up of islands, mountains, and jungles. The islands have beachfront resorts and hotels. There are also, mountain retreats, all inclusive jungle resorts, and eco-resorts. You will have no shortage of places to choose from. In fact many people enjoy split vacations. Opting to go travel between Ambergris Caye and our sister island Caye Caulker. There are a few other more secluded islands you may be interested in such as Tobacco Caye, Turneffe Island, Glovers Reef Atoll or South Water Caye. Belize has dozens of islands, but those are the ones with hotels or resorts on them.
Some prefer the mainland for it’s close proximity to jungle and ruins and different landscape.
On the mainland, the areas you are most likely to want to stay at are Placencia, San Ignacio (Cayo), Punta Gorda, Corozal, Belmopan (our capital), Hopkins.
*Note Belmopan and San Ignacio flights are currently by charter only.
7 Well Searched for Ambergris Caye Resorts and Hotels
- Victoria House Belize – Pricing & Details
- The Phoenix Resort Belize – Pricing & Details
- Portofino Beach Resort – Pricing & Details
- Xanad Resort Hotel – Pricing & Details
- Caribbean Villas – Pricing & Details
- Ramon’s Village – Pricing & Details
- Mayan Princess – Pricing & Details
8 Popular Mainland Belize Resorts and Hotels
- Almond Beach Resort – Pricing & Details
- Hamanasi Belize – Pricing & Details
- Chaa Creek – Pricing & Details
- Blancaneaux Lodge – Pricing & Details
- Black Rock Resort Lodge – Pricing & Details
- Turtle Inn Belize – Pricing & Details
- Jaguar Reef Lodge – Pricing & Details
- Turneffe Island Resort – Pricing & Details
Accommodations By Price
Some of you want luxury, others are on a budget or maybe you fall somewhere in between. I tend to bounce around. As much as I enjoy a day at the spa at a fancy resort, I also find myself having a great time at a beachfront hostel bar.
Since we have such a wide range of available in Belize, you can take your pick. Many repeat travelers opt to stay at different places each time they come and some are branching out to the different districts as well. If you are planning an Ambergris Caye vacation, another helpful place to have a look at is my Accommodations by Price page.
And if you prefer a home away from home, the Sunshine House is a great option south of town and a stoma’s throw off the beach.