Filled with wildlife sanctuaries, archaeological sites, marine, and nature reserves, there is no shortage of things to do in Belize. A large portion of the country is protected and filled with lush jungles, exotic tropical plants, hundreds of bird species, interesting animals, colorful coral, and countless fish.
Whether you are a beach lover, water adventurer, daydreamer, or bird watcher, Belize is for you.
What to do in Belize
- Immerse yourself in magical Mayan culture. Imagine standing high atop a Mayan temple with a 360-degree birds-eye view of the magnificent rainforest canopy.
- Be dazzled by the Great Blue Hole, Hol Chan and Shark/Ray Alley or Mexico Rocks. With the largest barrier reef in the western hemisphere, the country has an incredible array of marine wildlife to see. This makes both snorkeling and diving in Belize incredible experiences.
- Catch your own fish dinner. Go fishing in Belize for an amazing boating experience.
- The Belize Zoo and Tropical Education Center is a world-class facility that provides a home for orphaned or rescued animals that were injured and need rehabilitation. Covering 29 acres of tropical savanna and housing over 150 animals, with over 45 of the species being native to Belize, this is one adventure you will not want to miss.
- Ziplining and cave tubing are also very popular activities in Belize. Have a “Tarzan” experience zipping through the tropical forest.
- Experience “Nat Geo” moments walking down the beach on Ambergris Caye. Make some new friends and hear interesting stories about Belize culture when you stop at a local beach bar for a refreshing beverage along the way.
These TripAdvisor reviews can show you what others like to do while vacationing in Belize
Make your Belize adventure one to be remembered and save money while doing it with great Belize Vacation Deals. For more deals on all the aforementioned activities, also visit my Excursions and Tours page. You will find many other adventures to choose from as well.