As we slide into 2019, I am pleased to bring opportunity forward. Not only am I posting a second round for Belize Teachers Wanted by United States Schools, but I also have a great grant writer opportunity as well from a different company.
Recruitment process is active for 2019
Belizean teachers could expand their capacities in
Teachers from 84 countries have participated in the program which has run for the past 31 years. There have been more than 300 teachers from Central America and next year they are planning to have the first delegation from Belize.
Participate’s Teacher Latin-American Recruitment Coordinator, Ronald Ramírez said “teaching abroad offers great insight for teachers around the world: Besides the experience of working in
The organization closes their recruitment process in Belize during January. There are opportunities to teach Elementary (primary), Math (secondary) and Science (secondary). All positions are full-time and salaried, with competitive health benefits and professional development opportunities. As an additional benefit, in case the teacher recruited has a family, it is possible for the members to travel to the United States with all migratory arrangements accomplished and supported by the program to obtain the visa.
Participate invites primary teachers who are interested in teaching primary, math, science, and world languages in the United States to begin their application process by visiting Participate Belize page.
To qualify for this program, candidates must have:
- Minimum 2 years of full-time teaching experience.
- Fluent in English and have a driver’s license.
- Participants must agree to complete a minimum of two years in the program to ensure continuity and stability for learners at participating schools in the United States.
Participate partners with schools in Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. All three states are in the Southeast USA. Placements are in rural, suburban, or urban settings. Schools are carefully evaluated for suitability and need.
Participate partners with schools and districts to provide leading-edge technology, comprehensive frameworks and support services. These programs and services impact student outcomes by improving teacher practice through collaborative professional learning. For over30 years, educators have used Participate’s professional development and curriculum, language acquisition and cultural exchange teacher programs to create engaging learning environments that empower teachers and inspire students to create an impact on a global scale. Participate is a certified B Corp and ‘Best for the World’ honoree headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Belizean Grant Writers Wanted
American based company Advance is currently seeking a Belize grant writer. This is an exceptional individual who will meet and improve upon Advance’s high writing standards. This position reports directly to the CEO who is based in the state of Louisiana. Location of Position – Belize.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Excellent writing and communication skills are a must. Technologically savvy. The applicant must be comfortable using computers and software. This position requires the use of MS word, excel and power point; Internet browsers; and video conference applications, among others.
- Education, high school diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience, none required. Professional writing experience preferred.
- This position will be required to conduct all business with U.S. clients using technology.
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
- Able to fulfill duties with little to no supervision.
- Flexible and a self-starter.
- Able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-disciplined and able to effectively manage others. This position is expected to manage and train at least two other writers in the future.
• Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
• Research grant opportunities and foundations that align with the mission of the organization.
• Work with the staff leadership team to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
• Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
• Create plan of work and timeline to meet all grant deadlines.
• Prepare reports and updates as needed.
• Maintain current records electronically, including grant tracking and reporting.
• Assist with other fund development projects and events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Advance commits to new employees
• Onboarding. Advance will ensure that each new employee is onboard to achieve professional success within the organization.
• Technical Writing Training. Advance will develop new writers to meet the rigor and standards of technical writing.
• Research Training. Advance will provide training to new employees in prospect research and other areas of research.
• Other Professional Development. Advance will cover the cost of professional development for employees.
Salary and Benefits
• Salary starts at $300 BZD per week and is intended to be competitive, negotiable, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• This position will be granted an iPhone, MacBook laptop, and desktop.
• Advance will cover the cost for employees to attain advanced degrees. Options include UB or Galen or participate in an online program.
The position is flexible with location (remote) and time. Unless on deadline or have fixed client meetings, this person may choose to work nights and weekends instead of regular work days. This person may work from any location with WiFi. The goal remains the same, high quality work and quick turnaround for clients.
How to apply
Step 1: email email@example.com to ask for an online grammar test.
Step 2: If the applicant passes the grammar test, the applicant will be contacted to take a writing test.
Step 3: If the applicant passes the writing test, she will be asked to attend an in-person interview. The interview will involve answering questions and taking another writing test.
Step 4: Recommendations. The applicant will be asked to submit names of people who can attest to her writing ability.
Advance anticipates filling this position by February 15, 2019.
The Advance Team
Advance is currently made up of a full-time Founder and CEO who is responsible for securing all contracts and ensuring client satisfaction. One part-time COO is responsible for designing sessions, writing, accounting, and organizational operations. Two part-time consultants assist as needed.
In 2019, Advance will expand by hiring 3 full-time staff based in San Ignacio, Belize.
More About The Organization
Advance is a limited liability company registered in the state of Louisiana in the United States. Founded on February 14, 2013, Advance helps nonprofits achieve financial sustainability in the following ways:
1) Education. The Advance team designs and facilitates learning sessions in areas of fund development.
2) Major Gifts. Advance manages the research, planning, and strategy to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors for capital campaigns, endowments, and other projects.
3) Corporate Sponsorships. Advance manages corporate sponsorship campaigns for events.
4) Annual Fund Campaigns. Advance provides consulting services to fundraising teams looking to increase general operating dollars.
5) Grant Writing. Advance provides grant writing services to nonprofits. These services include responding to federal, state, and city RFPs; national, regional, and family foundation requests; and other grant writing services.
6) Grants Management. Advance provides grant reporting, budgeting, scheduling, and meeting facilitation as needed to manage grants.
7) Fundraising Planning. Advance provides feasibility studies, prospect research, and comprehensive, multi-year, diversified fundraising plans for nonprofits.
8) Nonprofit Consulting. Advance provides one-on-one consulting to boards, executive directors, development directors, and other leaders responsible for the financial sustainability of their organizations.