Carbunke Trumpet got in on the tacogirl Top Ten list submissions by request. Being a long timer I knew he would have something good to say. He sure did and I got more than one so stay tuned for more Trumpet in future. If you have not checked out What is a Carbunkle Trumpet and I hope I don’t get any on my shoes! in my blog roll it is worth doing so – very funny guy.
Top Ten things I miss from back in the day
1. Hand pulled Ferry
2. Blake House
3. Sand Streets on Front street with ‘sleeping policemen’
4. John Grief Sr, Paisano, Ritchie Woods, John Merton, Fred Somes – Rest in Peace my friends I can’t not set foot on the island and not think of you!
5. Sasha Airlines
6. Crown Beer (starting to date myself aren’t I?)
7. Back when Shark bar had the nurse sharks in the pen and you would get bread to feed them.
8. Can’t think of the name but there was a bar atop a building (maybe a bank?) on middle street near Elvi’s that was neat because they would give me tons of cherries for my sprite!
9. riding a bike down to Victoria house from town was as treacherous as riding a golf cart north of the bridge
10. WHY THE EFFING BLOODY HELL I DIDN’T BY A CRAPPY PIECE OF LAND WHEN I WAS YOUNG! DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!