I asked a few people to submit tacogirl Top 10 lists so keep a watch for them – kicking it off with a temporary islander Dorry’s list…
Top Ten simple pleasures of living in San Pedro Belize
1. Helpful, friendly people.
2. Cheap fresh fruit and produce in walking distance from home.
3. Screen doors and ocean breeze.
4. Warm, homemade tortillas.
5. Cheap rum.
6. Riding bikes.
7. DandE’s frozen custard. (2023 update new owners, now called Custard King with same great tasting product.)
8. Cheap taxis – especially coming from NYC!
9. Cashing checks at Milo’s.
10. Lunch specials with hearty portions and handwritten daily menus.
Nice list Dorry – I’ll take # 10 right now followed by# 7.
Something Interesting and Non-related
Two tidbits I read on Coast to Coast news… Hindenburg airship beer auctioned – the bottle of beer is one of six that survived the Hindenburg crash. Amazing man who drives car with thought-powered arms after losing limbs in accident.
San Pedro Weather
put on a hoodie this aft and watched a majestic sunset. One last tidbit to share that I found before closing down for the night… The newest edition of Moon Belize is a gem. Joshua Berman, a travel expert to both Nicaragua and Belize, recently revised the 8th edition of Moon Belize, and the result is a comprehensive, informative guide for any kind of traveler.