You would think that if you had a down power line the electric company would would come out and fix it. Not necessarily so.
The power line has been down from the pole outside our yard for a while now. We figured that may be the cause our lights dimming and going bright and Rick losing 4 power bars – Stacy 2 – us 1 and a router. Luckily all our computers remained safe and sound.
We took turns calling the power company and they finally got around to coming to see what the trouble was. Rick happened to be the one home at the time and he said after inspecting the down line, they told him they would come shut the power off and we could get an electrician to come and fix it and then they would turn the power on again. When I heard that I was definitly thinking what the fudge?? Rick and I had a good laugh – to tell the truth neither of us was surprised.
We called in Handy Man Eddie to the rescue. He came by yesterday night after we had returned from Belize City and helped sort us out. He said that the drooping wires were quite likely the cause of our electric troubles. If I remember right he mentioned it was causing a problem with the neutral wire. Eddie and his helper were able to do a temporary fix and secure the fallen white pole to the wooden one and make the wires less droopy.
Afterwards he came in and checked our sockets power bars and stove for us. Apparently the motherboard in the stove was affected by this so we do not have an oven and we cannot get a new mother board here – it has to be brought in from another country Eddie said.
When we were done chatting about the stove, Eddie got on topic of my giant avocados which were sitting on the counter to ripen. He said they were called butter pears and talked about how much he enjoyed them – I told him how excited I was to find them at such a good price and Paul laughed at the two of us carrying on. After hearing how much he liked butter pears, I had to offer Eddie one and of course he happily accepted.
Cost to have the work done $100 bzd. Did it help – you bet the none of the lights were acting up last night.
Drilling holes in the post
Fixing our electric trobles
Using rope to hoist everything up
Wires are a lot straighter than they were
Attaching everything to the post
With a red wire
Wires not as loose as they were and definitly secured tighter to the pole