Easter in Belize is the biggest party weekend and it is coming fast and furious. Ambergris Caye is filling with people, and stores are super stocked with floaty toys for the holidays. From what I have heard, many hotels and resorts have been well booked for a while.
A few Easter weekend reminders:
- Be safe and be smart while out celebrating.
- Get money from bank machines sooner than later – as you will see below the line ups have begun.
- Post office closed at noon – until Tuesday. (I missed getting my package by minutes.)
- Town Council and Traffic department offices are also on holiday closure.
- Good Friday and Alcohol. All License Holders with Beer, Malt, Convenience Store, Publican’s Special, Publican’s General License must either conceal or completely remove all liquor products off the shelves. Restaurants can sell alcoholic beverages to customers on Good Friday (March 25, 2016) after 7:00 p.m. Night Club License Holders must close on Holy Thursday at midnight and may re-open on Saturday, March 26, at 12:15 a.m. Hotel License Holders can sell alcoholic beverages to guests only.
Holiday Party and Fundraiser
Hellen, a friend/staff and Iz, the owner of Playa Del Sol Resort and El Norte Bar at 10 miles North of San Pedro both recently contacted me with an invitation and looking for help getting the word out on their daytime Easter party this coming Sunday. All profits will be donated for Hellen’s mother Norma for chemo therapy to help cure her cancer.
Directions; get the north road, exit at Sapphire Beach, continue one mile on the beach road.
A Very Important Cleaning Tip
When you are cleaning your sink and drains always do a deep clean for your drain stopper, especially in the tropics. Like so many things here, it takes no time at all to become a mold producing environment.