Easter in Belize is the biggest party weekend and it is coming fast and furious. Ambergris Caye is filling with people, and stores are super stocked with floaty toys for the holidays. From what I have heard, many hotels and resorts have been well booked for a while.
A few Easter weekend reminders:
- Be safe and be smart while out celebrating.
- Get money from bank machines sooner than later – as you will see below the line ups have begun.
- Post office closed at noon – until Tuesday. (I missed getting my package by minutes.)
- Town Council and Traffic department offices are also on holiday closure.
- Good Friday and Alcohol. All License Holders with Beer, Malt, Convenience Store, Publican’s Special, Publican’s General License must either conceal or completely remove all liquor products off the shelves. Restaurants can sell alcoholic beverages to customers on Good Friday (March 25, 2016) after 7:00 p.m. Night Club License Holders must close on Holy Thursday at midnight and may re-open on Saturday, March 26, at 12:15 a.m. Hotel License Holders can sell alcoholic beverages to guests only.
Holiday Party and Fundraiser
Hellen, a friend/staff and Iz, the owner of Playa Del Sol Resort and El Norte Bar at 10 miles North of San Pedro both recently contacted me with an invitation and looking for help getting the word out on their daytime Easter party this coming Sunday. All profits will be donated for Hellen’s mother Norma for chemo therapy to help cure her cancer.
Directions; get the north road, exit at Sapphire Beach, continue one mile on the beach road.
A Very Important Cleaning Tip
When you are cleaning your sink and drains always do a deep clean for your drain stopper, especially in the tropics. Like so many things here, it takes no time at all to become a mold producing environment.
4 thoughts on “An Important Cleaning Tip, a Party and a Few Holiday Reminders”
I agree Buck taxi’s can be out of control. Also to many reg sized cards for an island that was not designed for them.
We just returned from San Pedro during spring break.
The taxi’s are out of control the way we see it. We rented a golf cart
as recommended by condo mgr.; however we should have had a tank
because the taxi’s drive too, too fast and blow you off the road plus
when they pass without reason the oncoming traffic caused us to brake
to allow them back on right side of road.
You all need traffic cops and fines for bad driving.
Just thought I would add my comments.
I am not sure if that number is accurate Donna but there are definitely too many. Here is an Ambergris Caye. I would like to see cab safety regulations in place.
Here is an article you will find interesting on Ambergris today – San Pedro BTIA to Assist with New Regulations for Taxi Drivers.
The taxi situation is out of control. They’re everywhere and usually empty. Don’t see how drivers can afford to drive them and pay for the gas.
Someone told me that there are over 150 taxis on the island. Do you know if this is true?