Please Note: This event has been postoned to May 2021.
This kind of birding is raising money for children’s education in Belize and more specifically in Seine Bight. If you are not familiar, Seine Bight is a village on the Placencia Peninsula. It is north of Placencia town and just over a couple of miles south of Maya Beach.
Parrothead Beach Bash 2020
What is a Parrothead?
First off if you are a bit unsure, a Parrothead is a fan of the popular “tropical” musician Jimmy Buffet. Typical Parrothead fashion includes a Hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts, flip flops, and sunglasses. It is a “lifestyle” and one of the top activities is sipping margaritas on the beach often at sunset.
According to the Urban Dictionary
- A Jimmy Buffett fan.
- Someone who wears beach attire all the time, especially flip flops and enjoys tropical drinks.
- A member of a Parrothead Club.
I hear the Parrotheads are having a big party near the pier.
by David Jedziniak
#jimmybuffett #music #beaches #margaritas #relaxation #parrothead #buffett #jimmy #parrotheadclub
About Parrothead Beach Bash
Wanting to get community-minded, the members of the Parrothead Club of Belize had the first ‘Parrothead Beach Bash – Belize’ in May 2018.
Raising over $3000 to help educate children of Seine Bight was a needed, fun, and successful endeavor. As a result, the Belize chapter of the Parrotheads are bringing the Bash back in May 2020. Help them surpass the 2018 donation total.
Join them May 13-16, 2020 in Placencia for a Parrothead philanthropy party you’ll not soon forget.
While primary school is mandatory to age 14 Belize, many Belizean kids do not finish it for various reasons such as lack of funds or a need to help support the family. High school education is also financially challenging for some families. Costs for books, fees and required uniforms at both primary and secondary schools are beyond the means of many. This event was born to assist those in need, towards getting a solid educational foundation from primary on through high school.
Book a Belize vacation and become a Parrothead for four days of fun sun music and supporting a great cause – education. Full event and day passes are available for $85 and $35. The Parrotheads are also accepting donations for those who cannot make the show but would like to support the cause. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-event donation options, let’s help them get as many Seine Bight Placencia kids in school as possible.
A bit about your Parrothead vacation destination, Placencia town is located on the southern tip of a 26-mile winding peninsula, in Southern Belize. It is surrounded on three sides by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea to the east and a lagoon to the west. Placencia’s beautiful white sand beaches are making the destination increasingly popular, they run on the east side and the southern tip.
2020 Musical Lineup and Venues
The following musicians will be performing “drunken Caribbean rock ‘n’ roll” at the May 2020 Parrothead event – John McDonald, Dennis McCaughey of Tropical Soul, John Friday, Bill Cockrell, and John Beck, and local musician Capt. Ron who is a recent addition to living full time in Placencia.
Drunken Caribbean rock ‘n’ roll nights will be held at Barefoot Beach Bar, Cha Chi’s, Tipsy Tuna Sports Bar, Buba Wuba’s Grill, and Smoke Shack, Pickled Parrot, Sailfish Pool Bar, Mariposa Pool Bar, and Placencia Beach Club. All donations made before and at the Parrothead Beach Bash Belize 2020 go to assist families who need help paying for their children’s education.
2020 Beach Bash Sponsors
Of course, every great charitable event in Belize could not happen without the generosity of sponsors. So far this year’s Beach Bash Belize sponsors include:
- Platinum: Ocean Breeze Beach Resort.
- Gold: Hibiscus Beach Belize Community, mariposa Resort, muy “ono resorts, Tipsy Tuna Sports Bar, Barefoot Beach Bar, Pickled Parrot.
- Silver: Go Sea Belize, Placencia Villas, and Golf Carts, Sea Spray Hotel, The Ellysian Boutique Hotel, The Shak Beach Cafe.
- Bronze: El Garobo / Wallens Market, De’tatch Cafe, Ocean Motion Services.
Would you or someone to know like become a sponsor of Parrothead Beach Bash Belize 2020? If so please call (from a landline) 011 501 634 4702 (from a cellular) +501 634 4702 or email email@example.com for details. (More sponsors will be added to the list as they come in.)
Pictures Speak Volumes
Aside from great live music here are a few things you can expect from attending the event…
Parrothead pool time. Insert yourself and a friend or loved one here for this fun afternoon activity before an evening of great live music.
Who doesn’t love an afternoon of “bird watching” on the beach 😀
Or tranquil evenings with watercolor sunsets on the Caribbean sea.
And waking up to this for breakfast on the beach …… What are you waiting for? Buy your tickets now and join the countdown.
(All pictures except my blue and yellow gold macaw featured image courtesy of the Parrotheads Beach Bash Belize Facebook page.)
About the Parrothead Club
Formed in 2017 The Parrothead Club of Belize is famed for being the first and currently the only official Parrothead Club in Latin America. Between a desire for fun and great support from the ‘Parrothead Beach Bash – Belize’ in May 2018 the club decided to host ‘Parrothead Beach Bash – Belize’ 2020. Help them meet even more educational needs this time.
Looking for More Info?
- Check for cheap flights, TripAdvisor, Google Flight Checker, and Matrix Airfare Search.
- Suggested Placencia lodging for the event. Make sure to read the accommodations time/distance note at the bottom of the page before you choose. You can also see my Vrbo Placencia Belize Vacation Rentals page.
- View Beach Bash Belize Google Map to see the band venues and lodging.
- Frequently asked questions about your trip to Belize and attending a Parrothead Beach Bash.
- For more information and to purchase tickets, go to the Parrothead Beach Bash Belize Website.
- If you want to join the club visit the official Parrothead Club of Belize website, and according to their board members list, they are the people your parents warned you about 😀