List updated Nov 2023 to reflect changes.
Carbunkle Trumpet, a world traveler, popular Blogger and big time foodie, who has also submitted 3rd tacogirl Top Ten listables.
If you have read his blog and seen his pictures you already know he is a foodie with saucy edge. His family have been long timers visiting Ambergris Caye making Carbunkle well qualified for a top ten food joints list. I am proud to day I have conquered everything on his list.
Top Ten joints you have to eat (so you can say you got the t-shirt)
1. Estelle’s for Breakfast – Great Place to enjoy a tasty breakfast and people watch on the beach, they also have killer weekend BBQ.
2. Waraguma – when in season the lobster burrito is a must try if you like seafood.
3. El Fogon – Great place to try unusual Belizean dishes like Gibnut. They also do Belikin Beer Battered fried Chicken on Tuesdays and their frozen Key lime Pie is a hit.
4. Street Vendors – Central park or look on side streets for some tasty street meat.
5. Tour Guide lunch on your own private section of beach. Nestor Cerpa is a great option.
6. Celie’s Deli for Johnny Cakes (by now tacogirl is wiping her keyboard because she is salivating all over it!)
*Ruby’s deli was also mentioned. It is no longer in existence and Ruby’s Hotel has new owners and is still under major renovations as of Nov 2023.
7. Pedro’s Pizza made by Walter. Pedro’s is now a Casino and Walter has not worked there for years.
8. Ali Baba’s used to be a popular place to get rotisserie chicken. It is long gone and Oh Bombay, a popular Indian restaurant has taken its place.
9. Caramba is an long time middle street favorite. Stop by and see Louis who is usually the waiter standing out front to explain the available choices of fresh seafood on ice.
10. Lions Club BBQ on Friday night which also happens to be Bingo night.
I will leave you with a few pictures taken by Carbunkle to go with his “Top Ten San Pedro Food Joints” guest listable.