Several Super Bowl LIV parties on Ambergris Caye are happening island-wide, and I try to list as many as I can however it is often last-minute that promotions go up. Just like last year, it is quite possible a few bars will still submit info and late notice parties will get added to the list. Another good option to check for parties game-day morning is the San Pedro Fun Finder Facebook page. They are an easy resource to see a consistent variety of upcoming island events anytime.
Even if you are not a football fan, pick a party or two if you are feeling social. It is always fun watching people get excited and cheer at the TV.
*The list is still useful for sports bars on Ambergris Caye. Note Pirate’s South Beach, Vic’s Karaoke Bar, Sidelines and Losers Bar and Grill are no longer – I never did like that name (Losers).
Crazy Canucks is now Nauti Crab in Boca del Rio and Amber Beach Bar is now the Beach Bar & Grill and still at Caribbean Villas Hotel.
Last-Minute Party Additions
1. Mahogany Bay Village: is live streaming the game on a wide screen by the pool. They will be doing special appetizers and specialty cocktails. They are also doing quarterly NFL squares for a chance to win the cash pot. Party starts at 4:30 pm.
2. Sidelines Pub: Join them and view the game on 6 screens. they will have Landshark bucket of beer specials and towers all day. The weekly drink specials will also be in effect for Super Bowl Sunday and there will be $10 food items, free bar snacks and kamikaze shots during the game and halftime and after game raffles.
3. Angler’s Restaurant Bar: Come and root for your favorite NFL team and enjoy some game-day specials. $1 wings, $3 tacos, chicken flautas with a zesty tomato sauce and shrimp poppers with fries. They will also be serving up $5 shots of tequila, jager and fireball, 2×1 margaritas and a tinzanos special.
4. Losers Bar and Grill: Pregame specials on Landshark beer buckets all day long and Tail-Gate with us with Happy Hour specials on local cocktails from 3pm-5pm.
5. Wayo’s Beach Bar: If you want to enjoy a fun low key tropical Super Bowl party over the water, then this is the place to be. They will have food & drink specials.
South Ambergris Caye Bars
6. Crazy Canucks Beach Bar: Will be having a low key event at the beach. Featuring a big screen and their regular Sunday Funday with the Coconut Trio.
7. Amber Beach Bar and Grill: Will be playing the game on their 3 TVs. Ceviche and beer bucket for $50 and $1 wings during the game. They also have a betting pool with $5 and $10 squares available.
8. Pirate South Beach: $25 for a bucket of beer. Also, for those that might be half-watching football, South Beach has many outdoor games to play while enjoying a cold drink. They will have the audio for the game piped through their speakers. Enjoy watching football on the beach in a chillax environment. Free Bocas will be served.
San Pedro Town Bars
9. Carlo and Ernie’s Runway Bar: This bar is one of the NFL football’s most popular sports bars all season long. They’ll have the TV’s on in the bar area, and a huge screen set up under the covered extended seating area (10 screens in total). Their football squares pool will pay up to $7000. Of course, there will be drink specials including $5 Fireball.
10. Palapa Bar & Grill: Feb 1st Groundhog Day Poker Run (Fb invite) and the day after, Kelly McGuire and Super Bowl LIV 2020 Party. Join them for some Super Bowl Sunday Fun. Kelly McGuire will be performing from 2 PM to 5 PM, followed by Super Bowl LIV showing on five big-screen TVs. There will be the usual suspects: tasty BBQ, Bloody Marys, beer buckets, and more.
11. Sandbar Restaurant: Is having a “non compete” Super Bowl party. They will be offering $1 wings and beer bucket specials to any who happens to want a reasonably low key place to chill on game day. There will be plenty of seating, big-screen TVs with surround sound to enjoy the action.
North Ambergris Caye Bars (Across the Bridge)
12. The Dog House Sports Lounge: They will have five TVs at the bar, and their new upstairs pool table room will have another. Also, a large screen is being put up outside to watch the Big Game! Special Super Bowl menu! Ice cold beer as always, island cocktails, and local drinks. On January 12th they started selling Superbowl pool squares. Pop by before the game to buy yours.
13. Croc’s Sunset Sports Bar: Super Bowl Headquarters 2020 is their boast. They will have several TV’s, plus a projector. They will have both upper stories open, plus the ground floor that has a bar and a deck to view the game.
14. The Truck Stop: If you are looking for a unique game venue with a great pool option and delicious food this is the spot. They will be showing the big game on their 18-foot screen. They will also be doing some gaming, one with a $1,000 prize. As for game-day specials, you will have the following tasty food options: Kansas City Style BBQ Ribs, San Francisco Mission Style Burritos, and they will have $1 wing specials on both their Buffalo Wings and their famous Malaysian Wings.
15. Vic’s Karaoke Bar and Grill: Their Super Bowl Party will have a brand new 40” TV plus a couple of others set up. They will also do ice-cold beer bucket and wings specials, and free shots for correct predictions during the game. In addition to this Sunday, they have open mic live music every Tuesday with the vintage gringo (Justin Lambert) on guitar and Vic himself on the Harmonica. Everyone else is free to join in on Tambourines, Triangles, Cow Bells, Tom Toms, etc. It’s a lot of crowd fun.
Football field courtesy of CBN.