Due to lack of girls in Bikini pictures I have added the next best thing Boat pics ( I am sure a few guys might beg to differ on that point) Ambergris Daily is also having a shortage of hot girl pics for Babe of the week – so if you are up for it send your pic to [email protected] to get featured as babe of the week. Posts of Yesterdays fundraiser and Saturday boat parade coming soon – between internet issues and time shortage schedule is on Belize time.
Lara’s Top Ten Tips for a Lemon Crush Belize Body: Getting a bikini body in your twenties is one thing, but in your thirties, forties and older, it’s a whole other pain in the booty. As a 38 year old bikini wearer, and former size 14.… here are the things I did to get myself bikini ready.
1. Sorry…but alcohol is probably the number one bikini buster. First of all, there are over 100 calories in each shot, so drinking 5 drinks a night, 5 nights in a week is at least 2500 extra calories a week. Ya know how far you gotta run to burn 2500 calories? And lets face it, this is Belize, how many times have you had only 5 drinks while out? The other reason alcohol is bad for your bikini bod is that a night of drinking just about extinguishes you metabolism for the next day or so. Third reason, alcohol is a depressant. It doesn’t feel like it at the time, but it does make you lethargic the next day to say the least. The goma is not conducive to working out.
2. Never sit down with the bag. The bag of chips, of popcorn, of M&M’s. Never. Buy small plates or tiny dipping bowls. Put a bit of nuts, or chips, or M&M’s in the bowl. Sit on the sofa. Enjoy! If you want more, get up and go get more. You’ll find that 9 times out of 10, you DON’T actually get back up! By allowing myself the indulgence, I find I don’t NEED to indulge.
3. Eat all day long. Sounds counter productive, but its true. When you hear it said to eat 4 – 5 small meals a day, its actually works! In practicing how little my body really needs to eat, I make a sandwich, cut it in half, and put half in the fridge, eat the other hand. Sit, eat. If I want the other half I’ll get it, but honestly, I’m never hungry after the first half… until about an hour or so later. When I’m feeling hungry, I’ll eat the other half. Eating smaller portions means I get to eat more.
4. Its all about calories. The more you work out, the more calories you burn. The more calories you eat, the more calories you must burn in order to maintain your weight. If you do not burn all the calories you take in, you will get fat. Pay attention to what you put in your mouth…good rule of thumb for life, actually! J
5. Water, water, water. What you’ve heard your whole life is true. Drink more water. Your pee should be clear, when you pee clear, you’re drinking enough water. Start today, just carry a bottle, you’ll be shocked how much water your body needs to get your pee clear. The upside, you will feel SO much better, your skin will be better, and you will lose weight! Bonus: it takes 6 calories for the body to digest cold water than room temperature. Take it where you can get it.
6. Take the stairs. Walk, instead of taking the walking rampy thingy at the airport. Small tiny thing, but if you arent doing it, you arent doing it cause its too hard…and if its too damn hard for you to be climbing stairs, you are outta shape. My grampa is 97 and he can climb stairs.
7. Get out of bed, hit the floor, and before you even pee, do 10 sit ups. If you cant do 10, do 5. If you cant do 5, do 1. If you cant do one, you will be able to do one in about 3 days. If you cant be bothered to try to do one sit up, you aren’t interested in actually getting in shape, so just forget the whole thing.
8. Assuming you understand I am being literal in number 7, you do that long enough you will decide on your own that you want to work out. You will see your body responding to those sit ups in about a 2 weeks…if you do it every day. Surely you can spare 3 minutes before you even go to pee. Now, you are ready to find your workout. Whether it be aqua fit with Maureen at the pool, swimming laps from one dock to the next, running, biking, walking, or jumping rope. Doesn’t matter what you do, just MOVE. A little leads to a little more, to a little more. The reward is in the results.
9. Accept that you are not in your twenties. My ass is never going to look like a 22 year olds, and I’m ok with that. I work out, I look better now than I did in my twenties, remember…I was overweight. Accept your body for its strengths and weaknesses.
10. If you ignore everything above, you can still have a bikini body…frankly, you already do. Who the hell cares what anyone else thinks is a bikini body…you have a body…wear a bikini! All you need is confidence. The sexiest thing on any human being is confidence, and I you think you can wear a bikini, you can. I have friends who do not have a traditional bikini body by any stretch of the imagination, however, the reality is: they can ROCK a bikini. Who cares what anyone else thinks…if you think you look fabulous, odds are you do.