Extreme Belize Time
I have reached a new level of understanding how some people / things get on Belize time – it goes something like this….
I was working on this post yesterday morning when I got a call from BTL that they were coming to look at an issue we had reported a couple of weeks ago.Â Now sometimes people can be that slow to get back to you here, but in this case they were actually doing their job and following up. Very grateful for that because tacoboy on his last communication with them said our internet was fine and he was right at the time it was.
I was already experiencing one big sidetracked moment in time. No matter how hard I tried to stay on task I keept getting pulled in all different directions literally.
– Answering emails set me of on pinterest for too long, but I for some great pins out of it.
– Pulled myself away from pinning pictures and back to emails.
-Â BTL guy calls and says they are on their way over in 10 minutes to speedtest our internet – I was not going to say no.
– Stop answering emails and start tiding the house a bit and dusting the router.
– Of course toilet brush had to break at the wrong end while I was cleaning the guest bathroom.
– Took out garbage swept stairs and back to emails and blog – net down Surprised? Not
– BTL guys were on time and when they did speed test, they discovered a corroded wire that needed to be replaced, no small task as it had to be done cosmetically and be put under ground.
– TimÂ Invest in Belize, the house realtor, came lightening fast to make sure that the work was done cost effectively, weatherproof and most of all invisible.
– Heraldo who works for Tim shows up almost as fast and was ready to do his part of the fix so the BTL guys could come back and hook us up.
– Patiently edited yesterdays pics while I wait for internet.Â This process is took slightly longer than I had hoped,we are not going to be back online till sometime Thursday been offline since Wed morning.
– Ended up at El Divino to do some emails by phone and have a well deserved rum and cranberry or two.
7:11 the following day – I finally made it back online but for what ever reason I cannot send an email. I can do everything else though so I decided to get this post up then I will take myself to burger bananza and get an early start.
BelowÂ are some pics from my walk to town to set an appointment to see the Mayor Danny with his assistant Yolanda. Jeromy, Laura and I are on a map quest for the Belize Red Cross. We are hunting down every available Ambergris Caye map we can find and even getting one done from a stateside cartographer that Paulette knows so we can use them in our island Mapping.
We also want to let him know what a great job the kids are doing and invite him to witness the process first hand. It is slowly coming together but we need more help to speed up the process. If you are willing to help us map out your area please make contact. Those that have made contact already I will be contacting you soon to start working on your areas.
Tropical tip: When taking tropical nature pictures like my first and last ones [where you are standing on or beside piles of plant matter] watch out for fire ants then tend to sneak up on you very fast.