It’s that time of year again when many people have just braved another winter and are daydreaming about the snowbird or ex-pat lifestyle. After starting my 15th year on Ambergris Caye on January 3, 2021, I can honestly say I am still happy I moved to Belize. There is something to be said for trading cold winter days and shoveling snow for sweeping sand, the Caribbean sea, and its dreamy tropical breezes.
Corozal Town is an area that comes up on many people’s radar as a jumping point to move to the tropics.
The people are very community-oriented and they support each other greatly. The monthly “Art in the Park” is well attended and is a great place to meet up with friends you may not see regularly. They have a very active Rotary Club, Red Cross, and a Women’s Forum that all do their part in helping the community.
Three bedrooms, two-bathroom house is 2240 square feet, on ½ an acre of land – listed at $259,000 USD
This freshly painted turn-key property sits on 0.5 Acres in the Consejo area just north of town. Maya Breezes is built to Belizean code with Central Building Authority approved plans and American standard construction. The house is built on drilled pilings that sit on foundation rock and sits eight feet above the bay. There is also a newly 1000 sqft rooftop patio with a great view and spiral staircase access.
Located on Serenity Lane, and within walking distance (about 400 ft. away) is a beachfront park, with a safe swimming area and sandy bottom. The Corozal Bay Sailing Club launches from a neighboring home, so on any given day, you can watch the young people from your house, as they learn their sailing skills.
Maya Breezes is about 10 minutes or a 5-mile drive from Corozal Town. In town, you will find schools, banks, hotels, restaurants, shops, a farmer’s market, and Maya ruins. Once the borders reopen, you can easily catch a boat or go by land for nearby shopping in Chetumal Mexico. Bacalar, Tulum, Playa Del Carmen, and Cancun are also within driving distance and are popular Mexico vacation spots.
The house was designed to make use of mother nature. By capturing the sea breeze, the electricity bill is low. The ceiling fans are not often needed.
Downstairs: offers a large open entry hall that leads to an open concept floor plan with living, eating, and kitchen areas. There is also a double bedroom with a view of the bay, and an adjacent bathroom.
Upstairs: you will find a nice great room with an excellent view of the bay and the surrounding jungle. There is also a formal dining and lounge area as well as the master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, mirrored closets, and walk-in wardrobe.
- Comfortable skeeter-free outdoor living space with a screened-in patio and plunge pool.
- The kitchen has granite counters and solid mahogany cabinets with a black composite sink and modern hardware.
- Two double bedrooms.
- One small bedroom is ideal for kids, guests or a home office.
- Large laundry and utility room with lots of storage space. This room also contains the house water pump system.
Additional House Features
- Custom locally crafted solid mahogany doors.
- Granite shower tiles and new fixtures.
- Ceiling fans.
- Brand name kitchen appliances and washer included in the sale.
- Cloakroom with indoor understairs storage.
- Outdoor under porch storage.
- Outside on-demand butane fired water heater
Household Water Sources
- Two 500 gallon cisterns for rooftop rainwater collection.
- Back up – 6″ wide, 100 ft deep well. Used for showering and washing in the dry season.
- 5-gallon water jug delivery is recommended for drinking.
- Electricity is $25 USD per month.
- Land tax is $25 USD per year.
- Propane gas is roughly $150 USD per year.
The house is set up with BTL / Digi Net fiber optic internet 20 Mbps with unlimited use at a cost of $50 USD per month. With the new Digi Net plans for just $10 more you can get 100 phone minutes, 100 texts, and 6 gigs per month of data. * The bonus minutes and texts are for use only with other Digi users. As a comparison, Smart service will give you 20 Mbps for $45 USD a month.
Cable TV will run you $50 USD per month, however, a loaded (by a tech guy) firestick 4, and doing streaming TV cuts down on bills.
Schedule a Viewing
See more of Maya Breeze right now on a virtual tropical house tour. To see the house in person or learn more, contact Dave by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 501 634 6044 (and thanks for letting him know I sent you.)