Let the birthday celebrations continue
As I was clearing my email inbox this morning after 2 days away enjoying birthday celebrations, I noticed via LinkedIn that San Ignacio Resort Hotel also just had a birthday and is celebrating 39 years in business. The well known resort opened it’s doors 1976, and was named after San Ignacio town in Cayo district.
I am long past 39, in fact if you do a dyslexic take on the year San Ignacio Hotel started, you will get my birth year, 1967. I recently celebrated my 48th year on the planet. I do not mind aging though and thanks to my mom’s good genes, I still am getting guessed in my 30’s. Sometimes for fun I tell people I am 50+ 🙂
As part of this years celebrations, I decided to do some traveling and San Ignacio Resort was top of my list because I was given a 2 day 2 person gift certificate from Barb and Joe before they moved back to California. Joe had won the gift certificate at his Tropic Air Christmas party and they were very excited to use it, unfortunately life took an unexpected turn and they had to move before they could.
Barb and I checked in with Trinity, the Marketing manager at San Ignacio Resort and she was very accommodating at helping us get permission for me to use it.
According to Barb and Joe who have stayed there several times, it’s an amazing place, with great staff and in a perfect location. Based on Barb’s recommendation, I decided to go with a Regal Room. They were all booked up at the time of my birthday so I decided it was worth waiting for. Plus my fellow traveler and blogger Kendall did not close shop for low season till September 10th so we decided to go Monday the 14th. I have us booked on the 8:00 am Tropic Air flight from San Pedro to San Ignacio. I can’t wait 🙂
Along with my gift certificate comes daily breakfast, of course I’m very excited about that! Both of us being carnivores, it is highly likely we will end up at Running W Steak House at some point during our 3 day stay. After seeing resort pictures on the website, we agreed on booking an extra day .
Other amenities at the resort:
- Iguana Project; looks like this will be fun.
- Medicinal jungle trail; definitely of interest to me as I like the natural approach to healing.
- Luxury spa; I could use some luxury spa time 🙂
- Tennis court; I am just not that athletic so probably won’t go chasing a tennis ball around.
- Swimming pool; got some pool floats in my packing pile already.
- Banquet & Meeting Facilities; thankfully we will be working as little as possible.
- Stork Club Bar & Grill; yes please.
If you hurry you can still catch their end of Summer Special
While surfing San Ignaco Resort Hotel website, I caught notice of their summer special and based on Barb’s reviews, I would say it is totally worth it if you have time and are looking for a nice getaway. $119 USD Single and Double Occupancy on Accommodations. Special ends Saturday, October 31, 2015.
- Promo Code: Belize End Of Summer 2015
- Valid for direct bookings only
- Rate is inclusive of all tax
- Cannot be combined with any other special
- Not valid for group bookings
- Special not applicable to existing reservations
- Special includes all rooms types, except the Master Suite
- Valid only for stays between September 1st 2015 to October 31st 2015
- Must mention this special offer at the time of reservation *Other Restrictions Apply
Until my resort review post goes up you can see what other travelers have to say about San Ignacio Resort Hotel on TripAdvisor.
All pictures courtesy of San Ignacio Resort Hotel with Trinity’s permission. To see more, watch tacogirl.com front page gallery a special 12 picture slideshow going up on Monday morning.